Saturday, July 16, 2011

Phase One is Complete

On Friday, I finished my interferon infusions. The relief I felt when I left the treatment center was surprising. I am so glad to be through with this phase and can move forward. I am very hopeful that the nausea will subside very soon.

The next phase consists of getting 3 shots a week for 48 weeks. The insurance company has approved my giving the shots to myself at home. I will only have to go to the cancer center once a month to get the port flushed.

The doctor said that the shots could be rough; however, the first three weeks will tell the story. If I get through them without incident, I should be fine for the remainder of the year. I am hopeful that the side effects will be minimal so that I can start walking/running again. The surgeries and treatments have really pushed me backwards in terms of physical fitness. I miss the exercise, and look forward to getting back to it – even if it is just a little bit.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support. When the shots start, please pray that God protect my liver, my bone marrow, and my thyroid. Those are the three areas that the interferon can attack. Any damage to those and the treatments will stop.

In loving gratitude, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment