Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What do I want?

What do I want? I want doughnuts, chips, pizza, and chocolate. I want cheese dip, nachos, and milk shakes. I want to eat what I want, when I want it. But I also want to be THIN. THIN. THIN. OK, I’ll say the “correct” words – I want to be HEALTHY.

Seriously? The truth is I want to be beautiful – on the OUTSIDE!!

I want people to notice me, to say to themselves, “she looks good!” I’m not talking about the people who know me and comment that I look good compared to what I used to look like. I want to be stunning. Seriously, who doesn’t?

I want to realize the dream of that insecure little girl inside me who wants to be beautiful.

OK, now that I’ve had my selfish rant, what do I really, REALLY want? Well, that’s it. I want to be beautiful. But do I want it more than the instant gratification of that mouthful of food?

Most of the time, the answer is yes. I just have to keep remembering my target and make it my primary focus.

And don’t anybody get all worried about my getting too focused on the exterior. I know what’s important. I’ve got my head on straight. But let’s be honest, who doesn’t think about being beautiful, amazingly, stunningly beautiful, every now and then?

No comments:

Post a Comment