Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 1 is Behind Me

My first interferon treatment is behind me. I was unbelievably nervous (afraid) heading into the appointment. The lady that takes your payment actually had to write my check out for me. I did good to get my name on the piece of paper I was shaking so badly. Who knew?

The meds went in without a hitch. I did leave the office with a slight headache that got worse as the day progressed. I was honored with the company of two wonderful friends – Joyce and Carolyn. I love how God continues to bless me with like-minded sisters who want to be all-in for Christ. We had a good time visiting and sharing and challenging each other.

Last night was rough, I won’t lie. I went to bed at 10. Woke up at midnight freezing, actually shivering. I put a couple of extra quilts on me and dozed back off. Thirty minutes later, I was awake again burning up. Good grief!

I got up, took some Tylenol, and watched a little bit of TV. I went back to sleep around 2:30 and slept until 7. When I woke up, my clothes were soaked with sweat. But 4.5 hours of deep sleep; I’ll take it.

They told me I would most likely experience flu-like symptoms. I definitely am.

Blessing for this morning – I was able to take a SHOWER!!! Any morning that starts with a shower is a good morning. Ahh, the little things that make me so very happy.

2 comments:

  1. I love you dearly and am thinking/praying for you everyday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy, you're such a strong person. I love you so much! I'm so proud of you! <3

    ReplyDelete