Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Enjoying a success

I passed another milestone this weekend. I was (and continue to be) very proud of myself. I have worked very, very hard to reach this point. But what made this weekend unusual was that I didn't share this success with anyone (well, except my mom).

For four days I enjoyed my success in silence. Let me say it again…. I ENJOYED my success. I didn't have to tell anyone about what I had done to feel good. And I really, REALLY enjoyed my secret.

Today, I finally shared my news with several of my cheerleaders at work. They were excited for me and very encouraging to me. But oddly enough, none of the praise received felt as good as the pride I felt in myself. That's gotta mean something, doesn't it?

Here's what I think. I am moving towards the place where I no longer NEED external affirmation to feel good about myself. I am realizing that I really am a STRONG woman! I am proud of myself, doing FOR myself. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the praise; but it is no longer one of my primary motivators.

So, what did I do?

I have reached the 70-pound mark, 70.8 to be exact. Just one more stop in the journey to become a smaller, stronger me.

No comments:

Post a Comment