Sunday, April 4, 2010

Choosing an appropriate path…

There are probably as many ways to lose weight as there are channels on my television.

I've tried all sorts of diets. There's been the one where you purchase pre-packaged meals, liquid fasts, soup only, low fat, low protein, and cutting out all sorts of specific items – bread, sugar, carbs. You get the picture. I even went down a road I am not very proud of – bulimia.

Each method worked for me; unfortunately, the benefits were only temporarily. You see, none of these actually focused on the things that make up a healthy diet.

I chose Weight Watchers primarily because it is designed to help its members train themselves to maintain a new, well rounded, healthy lifestyle. I'm learning that it is just as important to have dairy as it is to have fiber. My body needs fruits and vegetables just as much as it needs protein. And, last but certainly not least, I've got to get up and move.

For me to return to my healthy self, I've got to integrate all of these things into my life. I can't "not eat" my way into a healthy body. Nor can I exercise my way there.

It's all about balance. This time, I'm going to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment