Monday, April 5, 2010

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

REALLY?! People should NOT be allowed to bring into a meeting something as tempting as Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I mean, seriously, how rude!!!

It's times like this when the dark side of my mind takes over, urging me to put unhealthy and unwanted foods in my mouth. I'm not hungry. But it looks yummy. Everyone else is eating. And I want some too! I'm deserving. I'm sick of being left out. Sigh…

OK, I'm done whining.

Do you see how much of this is a mind game? What, of the above self talk, had anything to do with a healthy lifestyle?

What SHOULD I be asking/telling myself?

First, I need to realize that what I feed myself does not, in any way, determine my worth. I am incredibly special. I could come up with many reasons why I am deserving of honor – not the least of which is that my Father is the Creator of the Universe. Maybe that doesn't mean that much to you, but it has gotten me over quite a few hurdles. If God thinks I am special, then I am. Case closed.

It's all about choices, and I control what choices I make. I am a strong woman, and making better food choices makes me stronger.

The food might taste really good for a minute. However, the guilt and the defeat are going to be with me for a while. I may work passed the guilt today, but Friday (when I weigh) I'll be reminded again of the bad decision I made. Fortunately, I have been at this long enough to know that a strong showing on Fridays feels better than anything tastes. Yes, even Mexican cheese dip.

And after a while you get to buy new clothes, in smaller sizes. And THAT, my friends, is an incredible feeling that stays with you.

But, above all else, the most important thing I have to keep telling myself is that I am WORTH IT. I am worth healthy choices. I am worth doing what is right for me. I am worth investing in myself. I have a lot to offer this world. So, I am worth it.

And so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment