Friday, April 23, 2010

Yay Me!!!

Finally!! I have passed the 60 pound mark!! 60.8 pounds to be exact and I am VERY PROUD OF MYSELF!!!

The move from 50 to 60 pounds has been excruciatingly painful. On February 5, my weight loss reached 50 pounds. That was thirteen weeks ago. Thirteen weeks! The longest thirteen weeks that I can remember. But I've done it. I've moved beyond the dreaded 50's. Now I can move on.

When I reached 50, it was weird. I was excited, but it was such a milestone that I was left wondering, "Now what?" It had an odd effect on me mentally. I still can't explain it. I wasted so much time wandering about. I still wanted to lose. I continued trying to lose, but not with the focus that I had previously. After all, I'd already achieved a lot.

From these last few weeks, I've learned that once I reach a goal, I have to IMMEDIATELY set the next one. If I don't, I will flounder around with no real direction. But with a specific goal, I have a place I want to be – something to work towards.

So I'm going to walk the walk and set a specific goal. I'm even going to share it. My next milestone will come at 82 pounds. Odd number? No worries. It means something to me, and it will be the third major tier of my overall journey.

But that goal is for tomorrow. For today, I'm going to enjoy where I am. I'm proud of myself – a feeling that's been a long time coming.

2 comments:

  1. Yea for you Kathy! That is soooo awesome! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it going girl ... What is the next goal?

    ReplyDelete