Friday, April 2, 2010

Starting a New Journey....

In July 2009, I started, hopefully for the last time, my weight loss journey. One of the things I discovered early on in the process was that the more I read about weight loss and healthy living, the more encouraged I was to follow my plan. There are a LOT of books written on the subject of weight loss. Unfortunately, the majority of them are about what to eat and what not to eat. I didn't want to read books about FOOD. Good grief, that's what got me to where I am in the first place!

In my opinion, the good books are the ones that help you wrap your mind around what you are trying to achieve and why. I'm not talking about help identifying some crazy event that may or may not have happen in my past that caused this to happen to me. I don't want to blame my circumstances on anyone but me. I made poor choices that brought me to this place in life. I am responsible.

My parents didn't do this to me. Neither my husband nor my children caused this. And, no, God didn't bring this on me. I walked this path. I could have chosen a different path, but I didn't.

While God didn't cause me to be fat (man that's hard to write… FAT), HE can certainly use my current situation to His glory. I'm not going to get preachy, but you have to know that I believe that God will take my junk and work it for good. He promised he would!

Anyway, back to the books. There aren't many good books that talk about how stinking hard it is to lose weight. And people rarely talk about the trash that runs around your brain. I am learning that in order to change my lifestyle to one that is healthy, good not only to me, but also my family, I have got to win the WAR in my brain.

To that end, I am going to start sharing where I have been and where I am going. I want to share what I have learned and what I continue to learn. Maybe, just maybe, I can help just one person turn their life around. Plus, when I have the kind of week I have had this week, I want to have something to look back on and realize that stuff isn't as bad as I think.

Eventually, I may share the numbers. But for now, you're going to have to trust that I've won some battles. Yes, I've lost some as well. But for now, I just want to share. There. I've done it. I've started my blog.

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave, and I am so proud of you. Keep writing; I firmly believe doing so will get you over the hurtles...

    ReplyDelete