Monday, November 8, 2010

A Good Day

Football season is over. It was a fabulous ending to a long couple of months. We had a lot of fun, but it brought havoc on our schedule. Only on Fridays would I get home before 8:30 or 9:00 at night. I literally drove into the driveway from work, loaded the car with the kids, and headed off to practice. The crazy schedule led to a LOT of eating take out, a LOT of eating on the run, and a LOT of late-night dinners.

But that is all behind me – at least for now. And this week, my focus returns to ME!

Saturday I started again. I started tracking everything I ate – no matter what it was, no matter how many points it was. I started being butt-ugly honest with myself, evaluating why I was making certain choices and why I had allowed myself to slide. AND I started writing again. All of these things are sending positive signals to my brain.

And today….

I hit the gym – thirty minutes of hard cardio at lunch and thirty minutes of strength after work. I can do that every single day if I want to; and why wouldn’t I?  I’m definitely worth it.

I’ll let you in on a little secret. It doesn’t hurt one single solitary soul if I take care of myself. It makes me stronger physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

And I’ll say it again. I am WORTH IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment