Saturday, November 6, 2010

Time for Honesty

For some crazy reason I decided to be totally honest throughout my entire weight loss, return-to-healthy-me journey. This complete transparency may help someone else, at some distant point in the future, but its primary value is forcing me to be honest with myself, preventing me from hiding inside my own thoughts and listening to the crazy, self-defeating tapes in my head.

I got up early this morning and went to WW. I had convinced myself that the number wouldn’t be THAT bad. Seriously? You can’t eat anything you want and not exercise and still continue to lose weight. It goes against some law of nature. AND, if by some insane freak of the scale I had lost weight, it would not have been the slap in the face I needed to get my head back on straight.

I did gain – 4.2 pounds – over the last two weeks. It’s done. It’s time to put it behind me and move forward. It’s time to return to the practices that I know move me forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment