Monday, November 22, 2010

The Weight Loss Pact

Early September, my boss was thrown from a horse and fractured his hip and pelvis in three places. YIKES! He’s recovering nicely, despite the fact that he doesn’t listen to any doctors when it comes to resting. But seriously, who does?

He, like most of us, gained some weight because of all the inactivity. He’s gotten back to work. He travels a lot (A LOT) and, as you know, when you travel, you don’t have as many opportunities to eat healthy. And with his trying to recover from the accident, he couldn’t exercise.

Now I am NOT SAYING that he needed to lose weight. Those were HIS WORDS! He’s been trying to get himself back on track, but has found it difficult.

He said that what he needed was to be held publicly accountable. He was going to write a letter to everyone at work, describing his plight and asking that everyone hold him to his commitment. That may still come. We’ll see.

But for now, he and I have set a goal of trying to lose two pounds a week until the end of the year.

I told him I was going to write about our pact so that anyone who knows him can ask out his progress and call him out on it if he’s not giving it his all.

And me? I’m a little bit competitive. Here’s an opportunity to KICK HIS BUTT! (but all in good fun, of course.)

I’ll let you know how things progress. No matter what happens, we will BOTH be healthier come the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment